Drug & Alcohol Interventionist.?

Question by WTFcouRtt x3.: Drug & Alcohol Interventionist.?
This is what I want to be when I get older.
Drug & Alcohol addiction has always interested me & I want to pursue a career in it.
While watching “Intervention” on A&E, I thought about becoming a Drug and Alcohol Interventionist.
Is this a good job choice?
Are there colleges that offer training in this in New York?
Are there job openings?
How many years of college do I have to go to?
Also, What other jobs are there involving Drug & Alcohol Control/Help?

Thank you. (:

Best answer:

Answer by Madworld711
This won’t be an easy job. It’s not for the faint of heart, and is a very selfless position. I am sure there are colleges in NY. I suggest you start with one of your local ones and speak to an advisor to get you on the right track. Good luck 🙂

Answer by Guinnysmom
“Interventionists” do not have a program of study. Many are psychologists or psychiatrists but all have some degree of medical training whether it is an RN with a psychology degree or an MD or PA with a focus on addictive behaviors. The medical complications arising from addiction make this necessary. Your job choices would be limited as as “interventionist”, but there are certainly tons of jobs in the field as as RN or MD with the opportunity for growth.

Drug Rehabilitation Forsyth County Call 678-269-7149 For Help Now GA — http://www.drugsno.com Drug Rehabilitation Forsyth County Call 678-269-7149 For Help Now GA. If you are looking for Drug Detox Forsyth County GA, Drug Treatm…

More Drug Intervention Information…